CKC Consulting has the expertise and experience to testify in a court of law. We have handled thousands of civil cases involving family law mattes, SEC investigations, employment litigation, including non-compete and non-solicit violations and many other forms of general civil litigation.
Having the right computer forensics expert witness can be the difference in you winning or losing your case.
The following are several questions you should be asking of your potential computer forensics expert witness:
How long has the potential computer forensics expert been working in the industry?
- What is their background?
- Many so called computer forensic experts have very few years in the industry. We often learn that a “computer forensic expert” is an information technology support analyst that may claim to know the ins and outs of forensically capturing and analyzing a computer, mobile device or cloud-based data collection.
- Has the computer forensics expert ever testified?
- There are numerous forms of testimony. Ask your potential computer forensics expert how many affidavits, declarations and depositions they have been involved in.
- How many times have they actually testified in court?
- Is your expert actually doing the work or are they outsourcing it to a third party?
We always advise our clients to do their due diligence.Make sure you are comfortable with your computer forensics expert and make sure they understand your end goal. Knowing as many facts about the case or investigation allows an expert to better assist you.